When considering the appearance of your home, siding can make all the difference in the world. You have to consider more than just the beauty of the siding. When selecting new siding in Downriver Michigan, it’s important to consider each option to go with for your home’s exterior, you need to consider the durability of the material, how well it can be maintained, and whether or not it offers any insulating value to the home.
5 Things You Should Know When Choosing New Siding in Downriver Michigan
Regardless of where you live, the climate affects how you live. This includes how well your home fights the heat and cold. With a more insulated siding choice, you will be able to combat the elements a little better and therefore save on energy costs. Additionally, a better-insulated siding such as James Hardie siding will be able to weather the elements better and last longer. With the weather in Michigan going from extreme cold to sizzling heat, typically James Hardie siding is the best choice. In either case, you’ll want to consider these facts:
Regardless of reasoning to re-side your home or what benefits you hope to gain, you need to consider somethings when choosing a new siding for your house.
- Aesthetics – The exterior of your home is the first thing guests, buyers, neighbors, or anyone passing by will see. That first impression can speak volumes no matter who the impression is being made on, so choosing a siding option that works well with the rest of your home’s exterior is important. It’s also important to consider what goes well with the neighborhood and style of your home overall. Sure paint could spruce up the place, but a full siding replacement will extend the life of your home exterior and provide you the opportunity to do something completely new with the aesthetics of your home.
- Maintenance – Siding doesn’t have a set lifetime, as it gets beat down with weather and the environment. Because of this, you have to be able to maintain your siding easily for the best outcome aesthetically and for you! Depending on the material you choose, you may have to refinish it from time to time or you may have to reseal others. Doing your research to ensure you get something that is going to work best for you and your abilities is incredibly important when choosing siding for your Downriver Michigan home.
- High Stakes – You need to consider why you are thinking about redoing your siding. If you don’t like the way the cracks and crumbling looks on your current siding, you need to think a little deeper. This could be damaging the structure of your home and could really be doing a number on the safety and value. You want to make sure that you aren’t harboring mold or pests in your current siding, and if so you need to consider redoing the siding as soon as possible, including the treatment for such issues.
- Efficiency – A well-insulated home makes for lower energy costs and more efficient and comfortable home. Your current siding, if you are already considering a replacement, likely isn’t doing its job at helping to keep your home secure. Often, people don’t even realize what a big difference insulated siding can make when dealing with the comfort of the home and energy costs, but this can make a significant impact. Good siding will allow for the house to be more airtight and weather resistance, showing up on your monthly bills and helping with the cost you have in putting the new siding in place.
- Resale Value – You likely do most home renovations as a means to make your home more enjoyable for you. You may not be considering the increase in value you are making, or you may even be doing a remodel as a fun project to change things up. Putting new siding on your home likely isn’t considered as fun or enjoyable, but the resale value it adds is incomparable. No one enjoys spending money on something they don’t even find all that enjoyable, but this project is well worth it. Giving your home a brand new appearance and overall look not only garners more curb appeal but will increase the cost at which you can price your home.
Get a Free Estimate on Siding
Call the top siding contractor in Downriver Michigan today at 734-407-7110. All Point Construction can install your home’s siding professionally and offer options to make it more energy efficient. Call today to get a free estimate. They can install most siding choices used in Downriver Michigan today.