Want a new and updated look on your home but don’t want to have the same boring vinyl siding that so many other homes have? Then be sure to take a look at fiber cement siding. It’s one of the best alternatives to vinyl siding and can make your home look absolutely amazing. Installing a fiber cement siding on your home is typically considered an upgrade to vinyl siding because it has so many advantages. And while the installation process is relatively simple when you hire a siding contractor in Downriver Michigan it can leave some homeowners wondering just what to expect when getting this popular siding option installed on their homes.
Just What to Expect from a Fiber Cement Siding Installation in Downriver Michigan
Fiber cement siding is made by creating an organic mat that is then encased in cement. The planks that are created are molded to look a specific way. There are some options when getting fiber cement planks depending on which company you order the planks from. Of course, we recommend James Hardie siding but there are other manufacturers that offer similar products. Typically the choices of appearance for the siding is the following:
- Wood grain siding made to appear as lap wooden siding
- Beaded siding which contains a horizontal bead on the bottom of each plank
- Smooth siding which contains a smooth overall appearance
These choices are for the planks themselves and there are also other products which have similar design choices. Now that you know just what the fiber cement siding can look like on your home we’ll go over just what to expect from a siding installation such as this for your home.
You’ll Experience the Following Benefits by Installing Fiber Cement Siding
When you have fiber cement siding installed on your home the benefits that you’ll enjoy are short term and long term. Here are some of the more common benefits of getting fiber cement siding installed on your Downriver Michigan home:
- Better Energy Efficiency – When you have fiber cement siding installed on your home you’ll usually have the option of getting siding insulation installed. While the siding itself can give your home a boost in energy efficiency, getting the additional insulation can help even more. This benefit will pay off immediately and continue to pay off over time with lower energy bills.
- Increased Value and Curb Appeal – When you have fiber cement siding installed on your home it can dramatically improve the appearance of your home. Whenever you better your home’s appearance it also increases the curb appeal of your home which in turn increases the value of your home. And if you are planning on selling your home soon, getting new siding can certainly help tremendously increase the curb appeal of your home.
- Better Storm Protection – Unlike vinyl siding which can be damaged by falling debris such as small branches, fiber cement siding provides a much better layer of protection around your home. In fact, once installed the siding is very resiliant to impacts from objects in storms or just a wayward baseball.
Maintenance Routines You’ll Need to Follow
There are several choices when you get the siding installed on your home in terms of color. The siding can be factory painted which doesn’t require any sealing. You may opt for the unpainted version of the siding however which will require a coat of paint. In either case, once the installation is done the siding will require very little maintenance. Cleaning the siding from time to time will be needed and the frequency will be determined with how much dust is present in your neighborhood.
Installing Fiber Cement Over Other Siding Choices
If you have another type of siding installed on your home you can still likely have this type of siding installed on your home. With so many advantages of fiber cement, it’s no wonder it’s becoming one of the most popular siding choices on the market today. If you’re considering getting this type of siding installed on your home and want a free estimate, be sure to call the siding experts at All Point Construction. All Point Construction has been serving the residents of Downriver Michigan for more than 5 years and over that time they have completed hundreds of siding projects. Call All Point Construction today at 734-407-7110 for a free quote on your siding project in Downriver Michigan.